Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm changing some things around my blog. Sorry if you have visited my blog and it has been a mess. I'm currently working on it so bear with me :)

Beside my blog mess, the start of my week has been quite busy. Nothing really new, I just don't want my swim lessons with my Tuesday and Thursday class to end. I teach the cutest kids and I was so proud of them today. They have improved so much!

So I just wanted to write a whole post dedicated to swimming and teaching kids how to swim. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is for kids to be comfortable in the water and to know how to swim. About 300 children under 5 drown a year. There are several factors that come into play, however one that I wanted to bring up that most people may not know about are water wings. Unfortunately they are not as safe as you may think, the water wings could move to your child's wrists and leave them helpless underwater if they can't pull themselves up. I always recommend a lifejacket. Lifejackets are a necessity, especially for younger kids who have not developed the strength or endurance to swim without support.
So on a happy note here are some cute lifejackets:




The first one is for you and the rest for your kids. I found them all on Amazon.com

I truly care about water safety and learning how to swim. Some of the kids that I teach may annoy me, but I try to teach them the skills and knowledge to really keep them safe. It's summer time so stay safe everyone! Don't just pack it wear your jacket!



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new banner!!! That is so cute!!! How'd you do that?? I'm guessing with a program that I don't have. :(

    I agree that teaching children to swim is very important!! I don't have any children...but if I did, I would definitely get them swimming lessons! I think that's great what you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I've never heard that about water wings, life jacket it is from now on. Thankyou x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity